The first indicators of ageing are sunken eyes. Due to agitated nerves, the area under your eyes is a little puffy and red. Sunken eye can also be caused by other reasons such as stress, lack of sleep, insomnia, anxiety, and heat stroke. Dehydration or a lack of natural fluids can also cause a hollow hole under your eyelid.
One of the most common side effects or symptoms of sunken eyes is dark circles. Women who want to get rid of this unfavorable condition might try a variety of methods. One of the simplest ways to get rid of sunken eyes naturally is to hydrate yourself by consuming enough of drinks.
This illness can also be caused by a poor diet and a junk food addiction. Indigestion is a result of eating such bad foods, and our stomach is one of the underlying causes of many disorders. If you have an upset stomach or indigestion, you will most likely show indicators on your face.
But what if I told you that you may naturally correct sunken eyes at home?
Yes, you can repair this issue and prevent unattractive dark circles from forming in the first place without taking prescription drugs or visiting a doctor.
Try these home remedies for sunken eyes that actually works.
10 Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Sunken Eyes
1. Raw Potato Juice for Sunken Eyes
One of the greatest sunken eye remedies is raw potato juice, which may also be used to cure irritated eyes. To prevent swelling of the skin beneath their eyes, most people try to get their hands on water fruits like cucumber. Raw potato juice, on the other hand, is useful in treating pain under the eyes and dark circles.
- Peel one raw potato and immerse it in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Cut them into thick pieces and place them on the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can apply it directly to the hollow area.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before washing with cold water.
- Repeat this process multiple times a day until you notice an improvement in your condition.
2. Cucumber For Sunken Eyes
Cucumber, like raw potato, is high in skin-rejuvenating fluid, which can help you heal sunken eyes quickly. Cucumber slices applied to a strained eye are widely regarded to bring relaxation and minimise puffiness in the cosmetic industry (if any).
This watery fruit can be applied topically to relieve tension, exhaustion, and tiredness in hollow places. Placing it over the damaged area has a relaxing effect, reducing stress in the optic nerves and allowing for speedier recovery.
- Before using this cure, wash your face with cool water.
- Cover your closed eye with thick cucumber slices.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- The optimum times to utilise this home remedy for sunken eyes are in the morning and evening.
- Repeat this cure for a few days until you see a difference in your condition.
3. Go To Sleep
Sunken eyes affect many women and men as a result of insufficient sleep. Even if there is nothing wrong with your health, you may not be sleeping properly. A good night’s sleep is one of the most rejuvenating remedies for fatigue, worry, and stress.
Isn’t it advantageous to think about not getting out of bed?
The sense of hollowness under the eyelid is common among insomniacs. According to studies, in order to stay active, a person should sleep for about 8 hours per day (uninterrupted).
4. Sandalwood For Sunken Eyes
Sandalwood can help you get rid of sunken eyes by nourishing and hydrating your face. It’s a good home cure for irritated eyes that also helps to avoid dark circles and other ageing indicators.
Many civilizations and Ayurvedic treatments have employed this plant to improve skin complexion because of its skin renewing effects. Its use is well-known for reducing eye fatigue and dark circles.
- To prepare a thick paste, combine one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with a generous amount of rosewater.
- It should be applied directly to hollow places.
- Leave it on until it dries naturally.
- After rinsing with cool water, pat dry.
- You can also use its essential oil as an alternative.
- Just be careful not to get any oil in your eyes.
- This cure should be used multiple times a day until you feel better.
5. Olive Oil For Sunken Eyes
Because olive oil contains a significant level of antioxidants, including it in your diet can help prevent oxidative degradation of the skin and protect it from the effects of ageing. Olive oil can also be used topically to relieve tension and heal irritated eyes.
It replenishes skin cells and pigments with vitamin E and antioxidants when applied to dark patches or hollow regions. This rapid hydration and nourishment can help you feel better while also reversing skin damage.
- Using a cotton ball, soak it in extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply it carefully to the affected area by dabbing it under your lower eyelid.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- For optimal results, apply it before going to bed and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat this therapy twice a day until the black spots on your skin disappear.
6. Put Soothing Tea Bags On Sunken Eyes
Do you know why people in South Asia drink more tea during the colder months?
It helps improve blood circulation in our bodies, which can aid in the replenishment of nutrients lost due to inclement weather. Sunken eyes can be treated at home by placing tea bags over the affected area.
Tea tannin is a natural antibiotic that can help to protect your eyes from infection. During an infection like pink eye or conjunctivitis, it works well.
- Place two tea bags in one cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to soak for 5 minutes before removing it.
- Allow the temperature to settle down after wringing away extra water.
- For 10 minutes, place this tea bag over your closed eye.
- To get rid of sunken eyes quickly, repeat this therapy three times a day.
7. Almond Oil For Sunken Eyes
The lack of moisture and dryness causes the hollow space under your eyes. Almond oil will nourish the skin and alleviate the dryness produced by sunken eyes when applied to the affected area.
It contains antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin K, and other essential ingredients that help to moisturise dry skin pigments. They contain revitalising effects, which are really beneficial in this situation.
Almonds also aid to improve brain function, which protects cells from deterioration. As a result, sleeplessness and other conditions that might lead to this predicament will be avoided.
- To begin, squirt cold water in your face.
- Dry the pad and place it under a fan for 2 minutes.
- Apply the almond oil all over your face, including under your eyes.
- Massage the region in a circular manner for 2 minutes with mild pressure.
- Include almonds in your diet as well.
- To achieve the best results, repeat this sunken eye home cure twice a day.
8. Cold Compress For Sunken Eyes
Sleep deprivation or mental stress can tyre your brain, resulting in dark circles, puffy eyes, and other facial symptoms.
Our skin responds well to cold compresses. It improves blood circulation, relieves eye strain, and aids in the treatment of sunken eyes.
When you use a cold compress, it will give your brain some gentle stimulation that will help it wake up. Insomniacs can benefit greatly from cold compresses to relieve stress brought on by a lack of sleep.
- One clean cotton rag and a bowl of chilly water are required.
- Soak the towel in water and squeeze away the excess.
- Place it across your face, covering your eyes and forehead.
- Keep it till the cloth is cool to the touch.
- Repeat it numerous times in a row to rapidly improve your skin’s health.
- Cold compresses also hasten the healing of pigment cells that have deteriorated.
9. Fish Oil For Sunken Eyes
Fish oil is an excellent source of skin-rejuvenating elements that can help to slow down the ageing process. Fish oil contains omega fatty acids, which are important for maintaining a balanced pH level throughout the skin’s layers. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and can be used as a sunken eye treatment.
- Pure fish oil pills are required.
- One capsule should be opened and the oil applied directly to the affected area.
- Break one of them and combine it with an equal amount of olive oil.
- Apply them gently beneath the eyes to encourage quick healing.
- To get rid of black skin beneath your eyes, repeat this approach twice a day.
10. Drink Water To Prevent Dehydration
One of the most common reasons of sunken eyes in both men and women is dehydration. So drink enough of water to restore your skin’s health. A large intake of clear fluids also helps to maintain your body free of organic waste. As a result, it protects our skin in a variety of ways.
You might also be interested in these other sunken eye tips:
- Reduce pigment accumulation by doing eye exercises.
- Dancing eyes is one of the most effective exercises for reducing tension in the eyes. Shift your gaze from left to centre to right and vice versa.
- Splash cold water on your face and close your eyes for 5 seconds while squeezing them. After 5 repetitions, rotate your eyeball in a circular motion 10 times.
- After washing your face from cold water, put your index fingers over closed eyelids and gently massage them in circular motion.
These are some of the most effective treatments and home cures for sunken eyes. Drink plenty of water and get at least 8 hours of sleep per day.